Sunday, September 20, 2020

Crusade painting with a chance of Khorne

With Crusade games every 2 weeks, I felt like I needed to finish up a few units to make it look like a consistent army. Especially when one of those models was kitbashed and only a base for one of our games. I assembled the cherubs for the Battle Squad, just need to pain that one up to finish the squad. (and remove the chibi model that I use as a stand in.)

With the purchase of the Sisters Repentia box, I painted up 5 more Repentia to finish off the squad of 4 that came in the Sister premium box.


The Repentia Superior that came in the box I kitbashed into a Dialogus. I added a Grey Knights staff to distinguish her from her sister in similar cloth. Might add some litanies if I can find the bits.


The Tech-Priest Manipulus Advectius Volo is keen on using ancient technology, if a interface isn't readily available, then your secrets are all that much more secure.



A feat of technical might, Advectius has been able to run Doom on his mechanical augmentations. It plays on anything!


Skeleton keys and 3.5" floppy disks are the most secure in the grim dark due to their obscurity in the Imperium. It also is handy to save his progress on Doom.  


In typical Jon fashion, I got completely distracted by yet some more Khorne models. I think this was due to how small the Repentia girls were, I needed to take a bit of a break and do some muscle-bound, hard slab Khorne dudes. Also these models had been in my portable paint tool box for over a year I am sure. 

White Dwarf had a 3-6 player Warhammer Underworld game mode called Arena Mortis, which now they have up for Pre-Order as a full on box set that fleshes out the rules. I just was looking at the rules for it in the White Dwarf issue, seems like a fun game, letting you upgrade one member of a warband and fight over one objective in the center of the board. Seems like it could be a fun distraction and more options would have more replay ability.

As with all the Underworld warbands, Magore's Fiends can also be added to the Khorne Daemons I painted up earlier for Age of Sigmar.

Magore's Fiends ready to collect skulls.


Sepulchral Guard surrounding Magore's Fiends



With how quick some of the GW boxes go out of print, it becomes a bit of a hassle to track down even boxes that were released a year ago. I found one box of the Corpsewrack Mausoleum for Warcry (now boxed as Sigmar's Mausoleum and doesn't come with the Warcry rules and tokens) on multizone.ca They also had some of the bushido miniatures which seemed to be out of stock other places. 


I like to support locally when I can, but when stock is scarce, online is the way to go. I did pick up Blackstone Fortress Ascension locally, but that might be the next miniatures that start to go out of print. 

Another box that I'll pick up soon is the Apocalypse box, as at the time Pilon picked it up when it came out, but having my own box would be nice.

For Rachel's birthday, one of the gifts I purchased for her are some of the mouslings from Reaper Bones. A singing bard was the miniature she was really excited to get, it also came with a knight and thief. 

Rachel pulled out the rest of her mice, turns out she has about 20 of these little guys. Originally, we bought these to play some frostgrave first edition, and now there is a second edition out of the game. I believe she has about 7 that are close to ready to be based and clear coated, but I think she wasn't sure what base she wanted to do for them.


Next on the Hobby Desk

I had another crusade battle with Pilon, should get that up soon hopefully. As for painting, I spray primed a bunch of models as this weekend to work on through winter, the Corpsewrack Mausoleum being one of the sets I primed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment