Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Odds and Ends

Back February I painted up a few times that I forgot for one reason or another to post.

For my birthday shindig, I was planning to run my friends through Gaslands, but we got really into our 7 player Scythe game instead. A few of the people at the table played it once before but a good half of the table was new to the game. It ended up taking most of the afternoon and we got close to finishing. (Rachel a turn away from victory, I am sure.) Everyone had a good time playing it, so Gaslands didn't get played.

Here is what I had painted.



Note to self: Make dinosaur themed road way.
In the apocalypse, Gaslands events take place in an old amusement park. Figured the Trex was one of those attractions that had been somewhat preserved from its glory days. Or at least, I'll eventually give it some signs of entropy.

My friend Jared was going to be playing so I started to paint up a car that looked close to Speed racer's as at the time, and still is, obsessed with the Speed Racer movie. We didn't check it out when it was first released, so now Jared wants to make sure everyone knows how good the movie is. Consider this my PSA to check out Speed Racer. The Speed Racer car and a few others are painted but they aren't grungy or weaponized just yet.

I also finished up Darth Vader for Legion.

I reposed the hand to make him a bit more menacing.




And Luke Skywalker....



Wait a minute! I haven't touch any if the Rebels in the Legion core set...


That's right! This Luke lookalike is part of my top secret never exposed project! Well, I minis were secret at least....








I bought them from North Star Military Figures as well. I just thought they looked cool and could fit into a warband... Except maybe for the bunny ears guys, I used the colour shift paint I got from Green Stuff World when they were doing their Adepticant sale. Looks like he only shows up as black, might need to Instigram a shot of him. Check out Jobau2460.

With the seven of them, I am still shy of 120 UC (universal credits). Nomadic Raiders get free weapons from other factions (free looting) and the first mate and Captain are free. I kitbashed an old terminator into a mech unit for this faction, but decided to do this a bit late so it's not painted yet.




Star Breach's rules are more feels more catered to kitbashing models as some models would be require to have a pistol or a blade and you can't add psychic powers. I'll go into a bit more detail into the system when I start doing demo games for myself and come up with some fluff for them as well.

Kickstarter soft cover book and order dice showed up Wednesday last week. 
 I'll need a second army for a two player intro if I am going to show off this game system, but for now I'll divide this group up to play some smaller games to learn the systems.

Coming Soon!

With the new edition of Warhammer 40k coming soon (probably sooner then I can paint), I decided to start painting up my Sisters of Battle box, hoping to use them in a Crusade which only needs 50 Power Level. (The box is closer to 30 or so, but I was thinking of allying in some other Imperial at least for now.) With the preview coming out this weekend, I'll need to get my butt in gear to get it painted up in time.




No comments:

Post a Comment