Monday, April 25, 2022

Jain Zar, Storm of Silence

    Jain Zar was part of the Minivember Challenge of 2020 which wasn't finished on time for the challenge. Since then, it has been sitting near or on my hobby desk. I would always think, "After this project you are getting painted." but there always another model that would conveniently show up to bump it off the queue. Not anymore!

"I bring only death and leave only corpses."


    While painting Jain Zar, I was listening to her audio book which really helped inspire me to continue to paint her. Then I finished the book and moved onto Soul Wars. Which, of course, drove me to painting more Age of Sigmar. 

Iybraesil Howling Banshees

    
     These are howling banshees that I painted up for minivember as well, painted with a blue bodysuit, the colour of the Iybraedil Craftworld. If I want represent the Craftworld properly, that being a matriarchal society, I will need a female Autarch as a leader. As luck would have it, GW just made a new Autarch sculpt, a quick look a the sprue tells me you can indeed model her without a helmet on... only $50... YIKES! I bought an old sculpt awhile back, I'll more likely repaint it blue if I was interested in following the lore. I would also need more Howling Banshees, as Iybraesil cultivate a large number of their shrines. I do have more to paint, but they might be of the resin variety. 

    What I do have, are WAR WALKERS! Two metal and one plastic, these will one day grace my hobby desk. Not at this moment, but they will be my next Eldar paint project.

No comments:

Post a Comment