Friday, August 16, 2024

Skirmish boards

 I picked up some smaller mdf boards for skirmish games. Easy to paint up and I was able to involve my daughter, she is 3, as well.

The urban board was created using the terrain tutor's guide. In his video, he is more efficient, building 4 boards at once. Easy enough to expand upon in the future though. Down the road I'll create a green space insert for the large grey area. The other idea I had was using the back for a grass area, but not sure how it would hold up if it was always being played on the opposite side. I had the intension of using this board for Super Mission Force, a super hero skirmish game, but Songs of Blades and Heroes and 100 point Ronin game or Fistful of Kung Fu could work if I went with more of a Big Trouble in Little China feel to the game.


    The next two pictures are 2 x 2 board that are double sided that my three year old daughter assisted with, she had a creative vision that I wasn't quite picking up on. Fishing 28, a non-combat skirmish game, is what I plan to play on the water board, but add in some docks and it could fit any genre.

Water side
   
    Full thrust, a space combat game, would fit on this board, but Super Mission Force could also make an appearance too! Could start a grand story of supers fighting in outer space then land on earth only to be pulled into the water! Oooo guess I could start painting up heroclix miniatures with space/scuba suits on.

SPPPAAACCEE!

Painted: 8 (Two large terrain)
Purchased: -63
Total: -55

Next on the Hobby Desk

    Seeing as it's the Season of Scenery, I have finished my Haradrim for Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game Battle Companies. Seriously though, I will have some terrain coming soon...

1 comment:

  1. Great looking boards Johnny, and getting your daughter started at an early age is not a bad thing, allows her to be creative.

    ReplyDelete