Friday, August 10, 2018

Kill Team

       After waiting a full week longer then everyone else, (I ordered online for a discount) I finally have my kill team starter set! This box is an amazing deal, you even just get it for the modular terrain alone and it would still save you money. A friend of mine mentioned a great idea that would make this set all the better. What if they made thematic kill team boxes? Tau with orks? Thousand sons and space Wolves? Tyranid... fighting everyone? 
        For awhile, I have been trying to get my brother to play tabletop games, but he didn't want to spend much them ( or he saw how quickly I fell down the rabbit hole.) Now that kill team is out he can buy one box and get a descent kill team. Take an immortal/deathmark box. He could split the difference 2 Deathmark with 3 immortals or vice versa. Might not be the best idea for the big version, but with KT, it makes sense. 

      My first match of kill team saw my Tyranids up against Deathwatch. The objective was to run out of the battlefield edge on the opposite side. The only kill was from a genestealer, clawing  down the opponent's leader before falling out of combat to score 2 victory point. My lictor didn't fair very well, thinking he was pretty safe with his -2 to hit when in cover. A grenade to the face taught him otherwise. 


But he got his revenge, scored a great picture (no kills though.)


      I taught my buddy, Andrew, how to play the other night. My leader survived several shots to every limb, but just shrugged them off. It was only at the end of the game that Andrew noticed he wasn't rolling d3 damage instead of the 1 he was actually doing.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun was had!

    I've been painting stuff up for this for the last couple weeks, but haven't gotten in a game yet... Hopefully this weekend!

    ReplyDelete