Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Sylvaneth Vs. Hedonites of Slaanesh

After buying a large lot of Sylvaneth, Rachel has been asking to play skirmish more often. So on Sunday late afternoon we started, but didn't have time besides setting up.
Rachel's 252 renown Sylvaneth

The Sylvaneth had the Command Trait - Warsinger - +2 to charge while 12" from General. Deadly Harvest Spell - D3 Mortal Wounds for anyone 3" of caster and the Artefact - LifeWreath - on a 3+ roll in the hero phase, heal D3 wounds to each unit.

My 252 renown Hedonites

Decided to try out a slaanesh list after purchasing some older models. I don't have the battletome for them so I used what I found on the internet. I didn't notice at the beginning that Skirmish 2.0 actually has its own alligence abilities, command traits and artefacts. Makes sense as The Masque was a bit of a beast. 

Rachel's Kuronoth Hunt spots it's prey...D3 damage is no joke!

Monday morning we started to play. We setup up Hold the Centre from the skirmish battle plans. The middle was worth 2 Victory Points and the other two that were 10" away were 1 Victory point  Rachel won the first roll off. Moving carefully towards the objectives, I did warn her about how fast Slaanesh were. Her Kuronoth Hunter took out my Seeker that wasn't behind cover... Need to make the new player feel like she is winning to begin with right?

The Masque and a daemonette charge the Branchwych on their turn 1.

The Branchwych was able to get a Deadly Harvest off doing 3 wounds to her but The Masque has Inhuman Relexes, which is a Disgusting Resilience, but on a 4+ instead, which she blocked all three wounds. This is the second time my hero shrugged off this spell like it was nothing, the last time it was my Spoilpox Scrivener.

Silly Jon thought that The Masque was also a wizard, which is why I had a piece of fluff behind her as a reminder that I "cast" Mystic Shield. It didn't actually do anything but it was one of the mistakes I did in this game.

The fiend runs into combat, finding something more enticing to kill then citizens, racing passed the objective.


Once The Masque was in combat she was unstoppable. With the command Trait, Skintaker, it let her heal every time she killed something in combat. Combine that with her Staff of Mask ability, that let you choose to heal D3 wounds or add D3 attacks (already a base of 6) to her melee weapons in the Hero Phase. I also coupled that with an artefact, the Rapier of Ecstatic Conquest (probably don't want to touch that, not sure where that's been.) Which makes wounds of 6 deal an extra mortal wound.

Dryads weren't touched the whole game, they did kill off all the Daemonettes before they could attack.

Despite killing off most of her army, Rachel was able to hold more objective. Or at least went for more objectives, the Hedonites were a bit too excited by the thrill of combat to hold objectives. I did try to get one of the daemonettes on the center but was shot by a large tree boy. 

Rachel stomped my forces points wise, 12 to 1. What can I say? Slaanesh likes inflicting pain more then sitting on objectives, that's more of a nurgle thing. 

Coming Soon!

Before the match Rachel was looking at her models, wanting to paint more then play, so hopefully she will finish off some more figures for our next bout! 

I have ordered Gasland templates, hope to get a game or two in before my Birthday Party. Might paint/kitbash some models for my birthday once my Chaos Warriors are done.Was planning on renting a space but decided that going to Boards N Beans would be cheaper, kid friendly and had no cats for the many people that seemed to be allergic. 





No comments:

Post a Comment