Wednesday, January 29, 2020

New Year, New Game System

For awhile now, I have been looking at Necromunda, thinking that the model range looks great. I heard that Shadow wars played like old Necromunda, which I enjoyed, but the new Necromunda is a bit of it's own beast rules wise.

The Dark uprising box was exactly what I was looking for, an easy entry to the system with everything needed to start playing. I was definitely put off with the price, and the Corpse Grinder cult didn't really speak to me, so they would've been sold off anyways. To eBay I went, finding a deal on the rules that came with Dark Uprising, dice, scatter terrain, counters and templates. (which I still had from the Dark Vengeance set I purchased when I was getting back into the hobby)

I didn't pick up a gang yet, figured I would read through the rules and fluff before getting too far into the game. Reading up online, it seems that I'll also need the Gangs of the Underhive book as well if I am not playing the Corpse Grinders or Palanites. With newer gangs out, it's only a matter of time before an updated Gangs book is published. I am in no rush at the moment, with my other hobbies taking up most of my painting time.

Speaking of which....

Less Nurgly Warriors, blessed with tufts of grass.


All 10 together.

Pretty happy with how they look mixed together. I went with a simple base, might add snow to it later. 

GW just announced that Slaves to Darkness will also be getting rules for War Cry, looks like Warriors will be one of the units that can be used, as well as Chaos Marauders, and Chaos Marauder Horsemen. Excited to get this army on the battlefield but still have 10 more to go. I bought a metal Morathi to use as a Chaos Sorceress Lady. I might paint her in the future, but she is paint rather well and I have the rest of the battleforce to crack through (including a Warshrine and Chariot)

The local shop is also running a Warhammer 40k Escalation league from January - March, it starts at 750 and goes to 1500. I was thinking of using an army besides my Death Guard, like Tyranids or Eldar, but I have close to 1500 of Death Guard already painted and assembled so I might as well use what's ready. I'll post some battle reports from that. 

Coming Soon!

With my birthday in February, I was thinking it'd be fun to get some of my friends to play gaslands. Hopefully I can convince them to paint up some of their own cars for some CARnage. Ha! 



No comments:

Post a Comment