Friday, September 4, 2020

Bountiful Khorne harvest

Daemon have jumped in line on the paint desk, their nefarious plan of not being part of the grey tide has succeeded. Their legion grows along with the Flesh Hounds that I previously painted for WarCry.

The two Bloodcrushers are going to be used for WarCry, as a normal unit has 2 more then I actually own. (I am even pushing that as one has a daemonic icon, what daemon of khorne would fight with an icon instead of a sword?) 

The bloodletters were crowding the paint desk, as it seemed that's where there home was. We had a gentlemen's agreement that they would move out if I painted them up as well as their buddies (who were sleeping beside the paint rack, drinking and partying throughout the night. Mostly waiting for their proper bases to come, which took slightly over a month to show up.)


Bloodletters ready for bloodshed


This rowdy bunch is off the desk.

The entire Khorne Daemons

With this I now have a budding painted Khorne army of:

Warhammer 40K

Patrol Detachment

HQ
Karanak - 4PL, 75pts

Troops
10 x Bloodletters with banner & instrument - 4PL, 105pts

Elite
3 x Bloodcrushers  with banner & instrument - 7PL, 160pts

Fast Attack
5 x Fleshhounds - 4PL, 100pts

Total: 19PL, 440 pts

I didn't include the 3 metal bloodletters as they don't fill out a fill squad. Once I finish off some of the Ad-mech and Sisters, I might have to paint up a Khorne Daemon Prince to boost the list past 500 pts, I also have a metal Skulltaker that should be painted up too.

I was going to add the breakdown for Age of Sigmar points as well, but it seems Karanak is no longer seen as a Leader for a Khorne army, but the Skulltaker still is. (I hope so they just released a new... model....so did Karanak...) Well that's just silly.

If (when) I paint up the rest of the Slaanesh and Nurgle, I am sure a general daemon list would be close to 2K.

I have been eyeing up the Sigmarite Mausoleum (formerly known as the Corpsewrack Mausoleum when it was bundled for Warcry, adding in rules for the terrain into warcry) to use for Warcry. Rachel could hear my wallet opening and suggested that I painted up her Awakened Wyldwoods instead, as I had more drive to paint them up.

I went for birch trees in a fall transition, they turned out pretty nicely if I do say so myself.


Rachel's Ylthari's Guardians from Warhammer Underworld

After taking the pictures, Rachel did inform me that she still wanted to work on their bases, she has this weekend off so maybe she will put in some painting time.


Added some flock on the sides for moss.

Next on the Hobby Desk

I want to get a backstory together for the Necromunda gangers before posting about them, I have a crusade battle report to post.


 

1 comment:

  1. I checked again after supper, it looks like Karanak is an Other slot, instead of a Leader slot now.

    ReplyDelete