Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Droning on...

 Before Christmas I finished off three Plague Drones that have been sitting on my half finished heap of abandonment. When I first started them, I wanted to magnetize their fragile legs and rider for more easy transportation to games. At some point I broke my hand drill bit and ran out of magnets, so they languished in the miniature prison called The Heap.

 No longer, these prisoners of their owner's apathic ways have come to an end!




Despite my fussing about with magnets I decided to only magnetize the limbs on two of the drones. The one with the dynamic pose, is clearly the one I just glued. Really like the pose, but boy is it going to be tough to transport. 



Shelf of Plagues

Here is a shot of all the Nurgle Daemons I have, oh and some plague skaven behind the big fella. 

I have a few more nurgle units to paint up:
  • 5? Or 10 putrid blightkings (some might turn into kitbash fodder, could see 15 work for a slaves to darkness mortal)
  • lord of plague
  • Gutrot Spume
  • Bloab Rotspawner (might need to actually magnetize this model to make any three of the brothers) 
  • 3 nurgles
  • of course three MORE plague drone of nurgle
I believe that's all... at least for AOS nurgle. I do have more skaven but they are clan rats. An idea dawned on me that the clan rats could worship one of the four gods, instead of the horned rat. Could give features of their chosen god if the Island of Blood models lend themselves to kitbashing.

Next on the Hobby Desk

    Couple more models left to show off from 2022, then onto hobby resolutions!

3 comments:

  1. Great work on the drones Jonny, they look suitably putrid, and a very diverse looking shelf of Nurgle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nurgle daemons is when I first started to care about using basing material. I also felt that there was a lot of green with nurgle, might as well painting using the whole pustulant rainbow of disease.

      Delete