Thursday, January 12, 2023

Adventuring Party 2022 Wrap Up

     I finished off two more miniatures for the paint an adventuring party challenge that is ran by the_goodground on Instagram they were basically finished last year besides varnishing. That counts! right?


    On the left is Azura, Halfblood metal from Hasslefree miniatures and a metal Reaper Bones Townsfolk IV on the right. The townsfolk was picked up at Dragon's Den in Saskatoon when they had half off their metal reaper miniatures to make way for the Wizkids miniatures. When I base coated the townsfolk, I thought the colours clashed with each other. Now that he is finished, it doesn't look that bad; a backstory was forming in my head that he was blind so he didn't notice what he wore or that he was poor and just wore whatever he found. In the end, he is just a hip old thief. The other townsfolks in that set had been painted up for Rangers of Shadowdeep before the baby arrived.

    With that I have completed my adventuring party, it wasn't done within each month or even enough for the full 12 months but it was a fun challenge to be a part of. Here is what I got finished, they all decided to have a party on the gate to Helm's Deep there was cake.




    Nine out of twelve ain't that bad, hoping this year to complete the full twelve and one a month. I did enjoy thinking of backstories, but then got busy/lazy and a painted miniature wouldn't get posted till the next month to give me more time to write their story. 

    The challenge is also to paint up several different classes and races, which I was more focused on in the beginning of the year, but then starting picking miniatures I liked the look of instead. As far as model distributors go, I feel I am very fond of Reaper Miniatures, usually their metal minis, as they are usually big and chunky for good detail. Wizkids are quick to paint up, I bought a lot so I better get used to them!

Next on the Hobby Desk

Looking forward to 2023, what should I play? What adventuring party will I paint? The Fellowship? Seven months for seven members, the year of the hobbit! 
    

2 comments:

  1. Excellent work Jonny, and quite the adventuring party you have now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should do a "paint an adversarial party" Challange for them to fight, haha

      Delete