Friday, July 12, 2024

Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game Demo Night


     I follow the local MESBG community on Facebook, which had a game night on Tuesdays. Josh recently changed the day to Wednesday to see if more people could come out to learn the game. Rachel is out in Fort Saskatchewan visiting her dad with R. The meet up started at 6pm so I was actually able to come out on time. 

    Josh brings his kids to play, this time they played against each other, but he did mention that his eldest son has been in tournaments.

     I played against Nathan, who borrowed some Defenders of Helm's Deep from Josh to play with. I had brought my recently acquired Haradrim... why I didn't bring the stuff I painted up like, trolls or ringwraiths? Good question! I blame lack of sleep the previous night.

This was basically the whole game, a giant battle in the middle

    We played the Capture and Hold scenario from the core rule book. My cavalry came in big to capture the objectives, I believe it was 2 points for each held and I had 4 of the 5 by the end. Nathan did wound my leader with ranged fire, which got him a victory point. 

    Either way, I think we both had fun playing. There was an amazing shot at the end of the game. One of my archers tried to shoot at Theoden, he successfully made the shot, weaved the arrow through 3 different skirmishes between his target and wounded Theoden. However, it was the first time he was hit and Nathan used a Fate to shrug off the wound, still cool though!

No comments:

Post a Comment