Sunday, July 21, 2024

Tzeentch Warcry Warband

 Awhile back, I had the idea of painting up four warbands for each Chaos god in Warcry. I have tons of options for Nurgle daemons, even add in some Skaven Plague monks for variety. Slaanesh, is similar, lots of daemonettes, seekers and a couple heroes. Khorne, I have bloodletters, flesh bounds, bloodcrushers and even Karanak. 

    Now, Tzeentch is the neglected god in my collection. Just before the pandemic, I acquired a large daemon lot that had an Ogroid Thaumaturge and flamers. I didn't really have a plan for them, I was even thinking of kitbashing the Ogroid to be a Daemon Prince for one of the other gods. But the model looks sweet as is so I eventually picked up some Pink Horrors to start out a small Tzeentch force. Like most projects, it eventually was shelved for a couple months, probably 70% finished. Flash forward to now, I picked it up for a quick win.








Exalted Flamer with my attempt at sculpting flame







    These Pink Horrors are prone to split on the battlefield, in Warcry you can split anytime the model has one wound on it. Not wanting to buy more miniatures, I got a bit crafty with a Dreamblade mini...



    This little fellow will be a stand in for a Brimstone Horror. I'll still need 10 Blue Horrors, if each Pink Horror splits into 2 and 10 Brimstone Horrors if all blue horrors split again. Probably unlikely, but a kitbashing I will go. 

Painted: 10
Purchased: -99
Total: -89

Next on the Hobby Desk

    It is the Season of Scenery, so I should actually paint some terrain....

2 comments:

  1. So Cool! Love what you did with the Ogroid Thaumaturge!

    We kind of have a Tzeentch Warcry warband just from the contents of Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower!

    Between that and Shadows over Hammerhal and ALL THE WARHAMMER UNDERWORLDS WARBANDS I could probably hash together Warcry Warbands for all the Dark Gods as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a banner that I don't see myself using in the Pink Horrors box, I was thinking of removing its head and replacing it with a moon for a fluxmaster? We shall see, don't see a only Pink Horrors list being competitive, but my brother does have the Eyes of Nine Underworld warbamd.

      Delete