Sunday, January 20, 2019

Pile O' Shame

      Whelp! This is a bit embarrassing! Every year I dig through my D&D miniatures, tabletop game and board games and I try to figure out what I need to focus on for the year to paint. 2018 I got a bit carried away with how much stuff I bought compared to how much I got painted or played with. I feel it's important to see your grey tide for what it is and realized what you can get to or what you should sell off. With Kill Team, I find it easy to fall down the rabbit hole. I mean, it's only like 5 miniatures, oh but wait, I should get a commander and maybe some units for some variety... well I might as well make another army. Been there before!

Before I get to my grey tide, I will show off all the models that I did end up painting in 2018.

Excited to field my Harlequin, might need a commander though....

Start Collecting Clan Pestilens Box, Nightvault, Saurus Guardians and a butt load of nurgle!


Endless Spells (excluding Prismatic Palisade) and my custom Feculent Gnarlmaw

      That's not quite all of the figures I got finished, but it's close. I also painted the Kill team starter set terrain and a death world box of terrain too, but they aren't quite finished. That at least looks like a lot of work!

         And now for the pile!

Blackstone fortress!

Chaos has corrupted my paint area, figuratively and literally!

H&T was cheap, thought they would make good D&D figures.

Assortment of Battletech, Tau, Orcs and Bones minis

KT box is finished, my death world terrain was missing a piece so GW sent a new box of terrain to add to my pile.

Test of Honor is assembled! Haven't had to work with metal models in awhile.

My Boxing Day order from Thunder Games and Gifts! But which God will they worship?!

Oh boy! That's a lot to paint and play with! Both things I will aim to do more of this year. And of course, I have some Vostroyan Firstborn coming in the mail. They will fit nicely into kill team. I traded the genestealer Hybrids in the Kill Team box for the Ogryns, maybe they too will be come a converted part of the vostroyan firstborn, only time will tell!

Things to come!

        Beginning in February, I'll be organizing a Age of Sigmar Escalation League. It will be fairly beginner friendly, mostly aiming to get more people into the hobby. Quiet a few people getting into the game for the first time or trying out new armies, so it should be fun! Till then I'll continue to pluck away at the Blackstone Fortress, hoping to get 2 more heroes finished and get a game in.





3 comments:

  1. Ah you went for the Vostroyans, huh? I was so tempted... but I have so much other stuff to paint... and another guard force would have just been silly...

    Focus on the positive man. You got some stuff done. It looks good. Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I figured vostroyan would be fun to paint and would stand out on a kill team.

      Delete
    2. Oh for sure! That'll be a fantastic looking Kill Team. Can't wait to see them!

      Delete