Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Opening the vault

             A dense fog wafted through the corridors of the ancient vessel as Amallyn Shadowguide stepped off the Maglev with the small group of Rogue Traders. The path split, the eldar veteran pulled her rifle up to her chest and scanned the left. Then the right.... her keen eyes trying to pierce the darkness. Pausing. A mechanical whir forced her eye to the scope of the gun. But it wasn't mechanical at all that too her first bolt of fire. A patrolling guard almost walked passed the corridor if it wasn't for the 3 shots fired at him, two of which brought him to the ground. 

Yes, the gretchins are the spindle drones.

         Yes! It happened! My D&D group wasn't able to come together (fully), so we/I forced/begrudgingly agreed to learn Blackstone Fortress. The first round was a bit rough, looking up rules, and figuring out how the hostile enemies played out depending on certain situations (no line of sight, multiple PCs, etc.) I also decided to skip the reinforcement step as well. But my group seemed to enjoy, specifically Andrew. He was one of my friends that started playing when we were in high school. We both fell out of Warhammer for years, but now with games like Kill Team, Blackstone Fortress, even 8th edition streamlining the rules. It's definitely making a come back. 

       Pious Vorne was eager to enlighten the heretics that squatted in the Emperor's holy vessel. Anyone who doesn't believe in the Emperor is judged by flames!

The zealot traitor guards charge into the flames, several being burnt to death as Pious sets the room ablaze.

Janus unleashes a volley of rapid fire shots, but the guards keep coming.

         With the first game under our belt we can start playing more seriously, maybe even a legacy game.

Things to come!

Escalation League started, no games yet, but will have time off soon for Warhammer games. Comic Readers has also announced a Kill Team League which I joined, my skitarii will see the table soon.

    


2 comments:

  1. Nice!

    I'm impressed you have so many of them painted already! I haven't even finished assembling mine! Probably won't get to playing until March (or later) too many other fun things to do/paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Batch painting the guard was driving me a bit nuts, but I only have two left! I wanted to get it out of the way so I can finish up other projects and also play it!

    ReplyDelete