Thursday, April 16, 2020

Where did March go?

With the physical distancing I might've got into the notion that it would persist for the major of the year. Predictions are that it will continue till at least May so I think in my mind I wouldn't be able to show off or play with anything that I get painted for quiet some time. I feel this reasoning is when I kind of didn't have much of a focus for painting in March.

But in reality this is a great time to paint up new miniatures and learn new rules, so when we do get to play face to face, we will all have amazing looking armies that are itching for a fight.

Last Sunday, Rachel and I played a game of Warcry with her tree ppl and me playing with my painted Savage Orks. 

I was going to play with khorne daemons, but the blood brushes aren't based and the hounds aren't any better. I did paint up some cerca 97' bloodletters so getting a few hounds and one or two more letters to make an all metal warband might be in the cards for a future project.

I used 40k terrain for this game, as I don't reall own many basic walls that benefits Warcry's card system of deciding terrain. Guess the orks created a rift in time to fight, most likely from screaming WAAAAAAGH too loud.

One of the twists that we rolled for was Dead of Night, which limited ranged attacks to 3", which definitely hurt Rachel more then the Orks.

The dryad kept caressing the Ork boy for 1 damage each turn.


Sylvaneth getting in close to do ranged damage, only to get into combat too


Bill Cypher watches over the battlefield
We just finished Gravity Falls, so had to make that reference
Warcry is played out with essential Yahtzee rolls, so doubles, triples and quads give you different abilities. You are also allowed a wild dice to add to your dice pool, either getting more singles to take initiative or adding it to existing doubles, triples, or quads to unleash better powers.

Rachel popped her Quad ability on the last turn which gave the tree plus 3 strength AND toughness. Making all her trees hit easily and harder to wound. It didn't help much though.

The objective was on the top of the platform, most likely some type of future rock to make weapons with.
Khorne daemons were painted up, the leader with a newish paint scheme and the other two more traditional for the 90s. I don't have any goblin green, so I couldn't go full retro. (or didn't want to.)


I painted up an older flesh hound for Necromunda, possibly as a exotic pet, maybe a Phyrr Cat or a less mutated Khimerix?

A No Frills Flesh Hound
Guess I should start on my Necromunda gang then if I am starting on Exotic Beasts. For Goliath, I was thinking that my gang would be dependent on a xenos drug that turns their skin weird colours, maybe even bulging out of their veins as green or something like that. This gang would also be clearly marked as reneges of House Goliath. Escher will most likely be rock stars as per the usual.

I had some left over form board that I made into some nice bamboo forest for Ronin, also 3 of the 7 bandit are finished up. I have been looking at the samurai models on Warlord Games, and they have a good bundle with some foot soldiers, mounted samurai some a terrain piece. The 3 bandits are about 52 pts for Ronin, so I should finish off what I have. I feel like I have been looking at too many new models and not focusing on what I got.
Sorry about the over exposed shots







The horrors of the Warp are nothing compared to how well I paint eyes.



I have some basing materials on order from Redline Hobby, but might be awhile till it arrives.

Coming Soon!

I think I'll finish off the Bandits I have for Ronin then either start on a Necromunda gang or the Flesh hounds for Warcry. I should also be getting a copy of Star Breach in the mail at some point and I have the Starter set of Wild West Exodus that might be fun to paint up for that game. Let's get through this Pile O Shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment