Friday, April 10, 2020

Brave the castle to rescue Lily

Today I was able to convince Rachel to play some Mice & Mystics with me. I decided that I had already played the first scenario a few times, that we could start on the next chapter, Lily's Tail. Part of the agreement requires me to play at least on game of Wingspan, not that I am against this, I am just not as good at engine games as Rachel.

The ranger has got her tail stuck in a mousetrap, though as Rachel pointed out, one of her abilities is that she is immune to mousetraps. But none the less! Our three brave mice must venture back into the castle to save their comrade. Will they be able to make it in time before their friend is eaten by cockroaches!?

We start in the courtyard, which is where the last chapter ended. A crow is terrorizing the courtyard, dealing out unblockable wounds to anyone that rolls a 1 on their movement.

This encounter started out slow, both the heroes and minions not able to connect with any of their hits.... Besides Nez, which kinda happens when you roll 4 dice, even then he was getting more cheese and usually only one damage.

The mice were able to take out the rats, but not before triggering a surge, the game's mechanic to keep pressure on the players so they don't drag their feet.

As always Nez was able to squash the spider with his hammer of justice.

The spider didn't flip on his back well, so he just barfed hearts to show he was dead.
The mighty heroes explore the next tile, revealing COCKROACHES! Not shown is Lily, fending off one cockroach at a time, not that scary, but could have been rats if our encounters were different.

No problem getting through the roaches, but the next room....


To start it was only cockroaches. Rachel was about to heal Colin and Nez at the beginning of the tile. Tilda gets an extra attack dice for being on heroes that are hurt, so she decided not to. But then we got two surges, one was the centipede, the next was two rat warriors. Yikes! As the fearless leader, Colin, I decided to run away from the large bug and let Nez have a good swing at them.


This doesn't look good. Nez is immune to stun attacks from the Centipede.

I figured Nez could get a good hit on the centipede, which he did with three damage, one more it would have been dead, but the Centipede's counter attack was THREE damage. With Nez's previous wound, he perished. Too bad he wasn't healed at the start of the tile, hey Rachel? Oh well, we'll get him back after we clear the tile of enemies.
A rare picture of Rachel.


Well, it's only one wound, that should be easy.
Oh no! Tilda, all the cheese she was hoarding, one away from leveling up.
Okay, Colin can... oh.......
Guys? Are you coming to get me?
Lily was one tile away, I had to check to see if she could have helped in the battle in the next room. Not until her tile was explored. Boo, she just had to watch her friends die. That's too bad. 

Rachel seemed to have fun, so I'd call that a win in my books.

Coming Soon

I have been a bit scatter brained for painting these days. I started one of old Bloodletters from the daemon lot from January. Figured they could be used in multi game systems, one being Warcry, which I just picked up the cards for. I finished one in a more 90's style paint scheme, might make the leader with a newer colour to it. After digging around, I noticed I only have two 32mm bases, so this will be on hold till either my order comes in or I pick them up locally.

I also dabbled in some bandits for Ronin, but again, I'll need some basing material. Guess I'll brave the outdoors to get supplies.


No comments:

Post a Comment