Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Slaves to Darkness Progress #3

     I didn't quite finish what I had planned for last year's goal, okay, I kinda gave myself a bit of an out with painting up 1000 points of Slaves to Darkness instead of finishing off the Premium Battleforce. A Chaos Lord/Sorceror on Manitore and 10 Chaos Knights still reside in the box, both of which might turn out worshipping Slaanesh with how this month is going on my hobby desk.

    That battleforce came out in 2018, I am bit disappointed that I didn't get it finished last year. This is a common problem in the hobby for most people, that it's much easier to look at the new shiny releases and put down money. This year I am trying to hold myself a bit accountable for this, can't cloth a baby with Warhammer. It's all about taking inventory, you want a new Vaan Sar's gang? Well, you have a Escher Gang that would look lovely painted. Oh man that Legion of Nagash Warcry box looks sweet! Didn't you want a Daughters of Khaine warband last year, you have it mostly done even!? And what about the Blackstone Fortress Expansions...

    My point is that all the sets of models you picked up, be it 5 years ago or a month ago sparked joy in your hobby brain. Could be you want to paint it up because look how sweet it is in grey plastic (or metal if it's really been awhile), just think of what paint could do to it. What about this character you bought, he/she/they have such a sweet backstory it would be great to make them come to live on the battlefield. I don't like the head on this model, but really like the body, I could switch the head and arms make this model my own. The miniatures that we spend time and money on excite us, give us joy and fulfillment. Why not relive that moment of joy and paint up some miniatures that have been sitting in the hobby room for their turn, now is always the best time.

    Back to the progress on Slaves to Darkness! I have finished off my 1000 points list they are a colourful bunch soon to have every deity in the mortal realm represented... well, not Tzeentch he is always changing his mind if he will show up or not, god that guy is a flake.

    Let's start with the new entries.... the Chaos Warshrine is up first.





    The design for the ogres carrying the shrine weren't great, either you had the back one floating off the ground or it had a bit of a slant, that's alright, I doubt a shrine carried by two ogres would be all that stable.

Next is the Darkfire Daemonrift, a tear in the fabric of the Realm pouring out raw daemonic magic. This Endless Spell gets more powerful with Wizards and Endless Spells around it. This might convince me to make the Chaos Sorceror on Manitore instead of the Lord.



And the last one, Morathi, now a generic Chaos Sorceress, she is a bit out of place with all these behemoths around her.
A Slaanesh Chaos Sorceress



    With all the new additions, we have an army on our hands. Which looks like...


Leader
  • Chaos Sorceress Lord - 110 pts

Battleline
  • 20 Chaos Marauders - 160 pts
  • 20 Chaos Warriors - 360 pts
  • Chaos Chariot - 120 pts
Behemoth
  • Chaos Warshrine - 170 pts

Endless Spell
  • Darkfire Daemonrift - 80pts
Total: 1000 pts

For matched play at least, Narrative and Open play.... well that's a different story, add some Khorne and don't get me started on the Nurgle I could add! 


Leader

  • Chaos Sorceress Lord - 110 pts

Battleline
  • 20 Chaos Marauders - 160 pts
  • 20 Chaos Warriors - 360 pts
  • 10 Bloodletters- 110 pts
Behemoth
  • Chaos Warshrine - 170 pts
Other
  • Chaos Chariot - 120 pts
  • Bloodcrushers - 120 pts
  • Flesh Hounds - 100 pts
  • Karanak - 140 pts

Endless Spell
  • Darkfire Daemonrift - 80pts
Total: 1200 pts

I am sure the Nurgle I have painted up would add another few hundreds, maybe I'll figure that out later.

Next on the Hobby Desk

Well, the girls are taking their time to get ready this month. Gotta sharpen their claws, and apply their make up. You know how hard that is with crab hands!? I have added more then just seekers to the desk now, hope I can get them done by the end of the month.

    

1 comment:

  1. These are great!

    That sorceress is hilarious. At first I thought she was topless and it reminded me of the topless fortune teller in Mallrats - Hang on, let me pop these out, magic works better with my bewbs out.

    ReplyDelete