Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Seekers of Delight

    Behold! The labours of the month of Slaanuary! Slaanesh daemons are ready to entice you, slipping your body away into your wildest fantasies. Hopefully your fetishes include crustacean pincers and avian legs. (Ooo so slender) Feel their tongues around your ears as they give you the most exotic wet Willie's you have ever had. These beautiful ladies will make your life a pleasure before flaying your skin or maybe it's as they pleasure you?

10 Seekers, 20 Daemonettes and a Masque


Still have 5 more, maybe for a Chariot?


The Masque, might need a seeker to keep up with the rest of the group



    I bought 10 daemonettes and the masque a couple years ago, I liked the paint scheme on them so I just touched up a few areas and did some colour matching (or close enough). The other 10 were from the Shadow and Pain box. A Hedonite army woud look something like this.

Leader

  • The Masque - 120 pts

Battleline

  • 10 Daemonettes - 110 pts
  • 10 Daemonettes - 110 pts

Other

  • 10 Seekers - 240 pts
Total: 580 pts

    This would give me the battleline tax for building up the army to 1k. All Slaanesh daemons would get a battle trait of  Euphoric Killers - gaining an additional attack on unmodified hits of 6's and 2 additional hits when the unit is 20 or more.

     It would be pretty safe to assume that more daemonettes will eventually grace my table... once I buy some...but that is for another time. In my pile there are still fiends, the rest of the Shadow and Pain box, Exalted chariot, a resin Keeper of Secrets, OH and the Dread Pageant from Direchasm. If I am really... REALLY still looking for more to paint after that I have a Greater Daemon of Slaanesh from the daemon lot from last year. 

    Hmmm with all that painting, I don't think one month is enough for Slaanesh. 2021 will be the year of Slaanesh! No, all years after! More! I need more time to devote to Slaanesh!


Next on the Hobby Desk

Is she/he gone? Okay, just between us, February is going to be used to paint up some Rangers of Shadowdeep models. Rachel has picked out her mice, and named her ranger. I found a hasselfree miniature in my pile that will be fun to paint up, as well as some thugs that will make for some good companions. Rangers isn't a big game to run, only 2.5' by 2.5', however, my terrain is limited. Between the odd Slaanesh and Rangers model, terrain will be built for mixing up the board a bit throughout the campaign.

2 comments:

  1. These look Great! I love how you did the bases! So simple, but very striking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, once I get to the Hellstriders, I'll probably getting a bit more into doing the bases. For the longest time I didn't do any basing and now I am regretting that decision, so much debasing in the future.

      Delete