Thursday, January 6, 2022

Wrap up of 2021

     Where does the time go? Already another year in the bank, cashed by our elected officials at the expense of our frontline workers. I feel for all workers that needed support for someone to be on their side, instead of heaping on more of a burden onto our flimsy healthcare system. Blah! ANYWAYS!

    This year was a lot of changes for Rachel and I, one of the individuals that I supported at work passed away, Rachel's mom was diagnosed with cancer, we had a baby (9 months and counting), and moved into a house that we bought with money and signatures. Yes, what a year it was! Hopefully we don't need to do anymore of that in 2022!

    So what did I accomplish hobby wise? Well, I did finish off a lot of the Slaanesh in my "less crazy plan of 2021", the only thing that didn't get finished off were the 3 Fiends. I did paint up the Lord of Pain in the Shadows and Pain box. Maybe this Slaanuary I will continue start on the Hellstriders or Daemonettes that came in that box? Not going to lie, those new models in the Christmas battleforce are tempting.

    PrimEVO models were also on the desk, painting up game for the tribes to hunt. Space Wolves Kill Team was created with the 2018 rules, might work in the new rules, but I doubt I will pick them up. Picking up Shadows of Brimstone later in the year, I have almost finished the Core Set, just haven't posted the results (was hoping to completely finish it, but house moving makes it hard to hobby). Oh and then there was the Heroclix, that I rebased for Super Mission Force.  

    As for terrain, I didn't get as much as I would have liked to get done, only finishing off a 3D printed house and some scatter terrain for Rangers of Shadowdeep

    I did a bit of rule reading, but it was about new systems. Like Song of Blades and Heroes, Advanced Heroquest? I know, probably not going to commit on that one, but sometimes I do look at the simple models and want to buy or print some of the original ones. Why? Not sure, I have only played the game once, and long after it came out. Super Mission Force, and Homebrew rules for Space Hulk. Look, I said read stuff, I went for quantity instead of quality. For Space Hulk, I would like to make 3D junk made terrain, boards that would actually fit a standard 40mm Terminator. With less ability to play in person these days, I am gravitating towards solo play games and low cost rule sets, not that I really have had any time to play these days.

    This seems like a lot of buying all at once. I mean don't get me wrong it was, this was exchanged in the summer and I traded for my space marine half of the dark imperium. Wasn't really into the Primaris Space Marines, instead, I found my original love, Dark Eldar circa early 2000s. The army that got me into the hobby.

    

    So they aren't all old models, but the vast majority are. Break down as follows.

  • 10 x Kabalite Warriors
  • 26 x 2nd edition Kabalite Warriors
  • 2 x Incubi
  • 5 x Metal Incubi
  • 7 x plastic Wyches
  • 1 x Metal Archon
  • 1 x Raider
  • 4 x Jetbikes

    The Raider and Jetbikes will most likely form some sort of patrol detachment, the bikes are newer and I have a set of three to add to them. Might be a fun project for later. Some of the aged models I will be reposing for Space Hulk, fingers crossed I can make it work in that rule set.

    Oh, I did buy a PDF copy and physical copy of Reign in Hell. A collaboration project between Uncle Atom and Vince Venturella that was released earlier this year. Which got me to buy....



     Just a couple of miniatures from ebay for converting, a lot of the design of these characters are dark (looking at you scarecrow the hanging baby) and would make for good demons with a fresh coat of paint. Call of Cthulhu comes to mind for the bug like creatures. But what about the house? Or the Lion Rampant? Can't say at the moment. I removed the duplicates for better up close pictures. 






      I ordered these back in October, must get better at upkeep on the blog. I know one of my new years goals. 

    The last of the minis I bought was setup back in November when we were moving houses, so I asked to postpone dropping them off till we were actually settled in the house. And that, is.... more Heroclix!

The whole gang!
    
    Someone locally was selling off a giant collection and had most of what I wanted. When I had some down time in the fall I would look through HCrealms to find the sculpts I enjoyed. I would also focus on getting teams and themes together. Super Mission Force has rules for Paragon heroes, the equivalent of Superman, counting as 2 and a 1/2 Standard heroes, might work for the Sentinels, making it a bit unbalanced with 2 of them being 5 standard heroes. In that case, why not use 5 standard heroes. SMF recommends 4 standard heroes as it's balanced teams for both sides. Alternatively, they could be constructs, to run them as standard heroes. I digress, should break down hero building in another post. 

Original X-men

X-men Animated Series

Oops all Thors!

DC Heroclix

    There that's basically all for this year, and like every year, I am never on time for my wrap up, waiting till a week into the year to start a post about it. Oh well, some year, I will post before the year is done.

Next on the Hobby Desk

    Logically, I will be doing a look forward to 2022. Slaanuary will definitely be one of the first projects I will be doing. Rachel and I have been forming a list of games we would like to play old and new, as well as getting them out onto the table twice a month, instead of the normal zero. Check what games we will be trying out for the new year on the next post!    


No comments:

Post a Comment