Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Blog? What Blog

      Hey guys! I am alive and have been doing a lot of  gaming and painting since.... uh basically last year around this time.... I'll get better at this I promise! Let's go back in time and see what I was up to in 2019!




                 My FLGS, Comic Readers, hosts the Prairie Game Expo at a community center for one day of gaming that is free to the public and is a great way to learn new games and meet new people. This year they added a painting competition, I entered my Horticulous Slimux and my Carnosaurs, but he wasn't quite done. Lots of very talented artists, I didn't take any picks of the other entries, but there were some Star Wars Legion, Warmachine and both Warhammers. I mostly entered to give me an incentive to paint this guy up, I like he turned out pretty well.




I finished off all of Blackstone fortress miniatures, I'll need to take a picture of the other enemy units later. I have played a handful of games. Characters that aren't played are stored in "stasis" to keep their gear for next time, which is nice if you want to try out another character.


Purchased and painted all of Resident Evil 2 The Board Game (also finished the Remake too). Enemies react to the players, which gives the game a really tense feeling.



Picked up some Savage Orks to use for WarCry, still haven't gotten around to playing the game yet!


Painted up some Eldar for Kill Team, which turned into a bit of an army as I bought the Wake the Dead half from someone.


Start of the Vostroyan Firstborn Kill Team, glad to get these guys done in November as I had bought them when GW had them on Made to Order at the start of the year!

#minivember challenge in November, 30 models in 30 days. I was 5 models short, which I finished early December.





      My girlfriend, Rachel, bought some Sylvaneth awhile ago, but got a huge lot from one of our friends (thanks Michael!) So it was time for her to learn how to play, I started her out with the AOS 2.0 skirmish. Highlights of the match was my general struggling off 3 mortal wounds (bless nurgle!) from her general's spell and the stalemate between four dryads and my plague drone above, it didn't help that the Dryads had a -1 to hit due to their tree behind them


Finished off to core sets of Stormtroopers for Star Wars Legion.

          I did participate in two tournaments this year, one was a learning process for me as I hadn't played much of my Death Guard for the first tourney. The second one was a four player doubles tourney, it was nice to have a team mate and only 1000 points to worry about.





1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! That's quite the interesting lot of stuff! Love the Vostroyans and the Horticulous Slimux!

    What's the plan for THIS year!?

    ReplyDelete