Sunday, March 1, 2020

Escalation Practice Game (1250pt)

With the Escalation League bumping up to 1250 this week, I started playing around with lists. Andrew set up a afternoon game this past friday. At his house, we played on his board, which was set up for Kill Team mostly, so the size of the table was a bit off but that just meant that we got into combat a bit faster. The battleplan was The Scouring, with the three basic goals as well as one objective being worth 4 points at the end of the game and another worth only 1 (all others were 2 points) at the end of the game.

Our first turns weren't too exciting, and I didn't really look at how fast my Plague Bust Crawlers really moved. For some reason I just guessed at 5" which is 4" short of their base movement. Always good to READ your states instead of guessing at them. Death Guard have a stratagem 

Andrew's Librarian had one hell of a Psychic Phase, rolling double ones then re-rolling a one for a command point. It's second psychic power went off, but once again he rolled double 6s for Perils of the Warp. The Librarian barely walked away from that phase. I think the rule is, if your opponent re-rolls for another 1, you need to buy them a beer. If they do it twice, you need to buy them new dice. Both our dice were pretty bad this game.

Plaguebearers protecting heroes from being sniped and were a good distraction.

Objective #1 was the Superior Objective, on the opposite side of the board for me.

My Daemon prince always sticks his head deep into trouble. He WAS over by the plague bearers in the picture above but was taken out by a Terminator squad, he didn't go down without a fight though.

I piled in all my units into the Landspeeder, forgetting that vehicles have a chance to go boom. Silly Chaos. I didn't get many pictures during the game, there was a Whirlwind in the back of Andrew's deployment zone that got 12 shots one shooting phase, only doing 2 damage to a unit because of nurgle good/badness. He also had a Devastator squad that was doing some good damage to the Rhino as it was rolling up to the objective.

Pretty close game, both of us had some pretty heavy loses by the end of round 6. This list was fun to play with, I think once the Escalation gets to 1500 points, a Hellbrute would be nice to add with their double firing stratagem against closest units, but I'll see how this list goes. I have a game this coming Monday night after donating blood.

Coming Soon!

Finished up the Chaos Chariot I have been working on for basically the month of February. Magnetized the horses so they can be exchanged for the Gore Beast if I decide to change it up.You'll get to see the whole twisted family of crazed Chaos worshippers, once I get some good light for pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment