Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Sisters of Battle box

       Flipping through the Sister of Battle codex for some fluff about the different Orders, hoping I'd find a paint scheme that I would enjoy as well as the history of the Order that stood out. I have narrowed it down to three...


Order of the Valorous Heart

      Each Order focusing on how it's their leader was martyred. The Order of the Valorous Heart are stone walls, they endure all trials that are thrown at them. Their leader was captured, her eyes gouged our by at death cult. She was forced to listen to thousands of inoccents tortured before her, some being part of her own order. Her comrades would endure the tortore silently as to lessen her pain.    sisterhood takes this to heart. If they need to poison the water supply on a planet to draw out their enemy they will and thrive through the battle. 
Order of the Valorous Heart


       The Order of the Golden Light had been confirmed twice to have been martyred in battle, only for golden-clad Sisters to appear nearby the war zone.
Order of the Sacred Rose


The Order of the Sacred Rose, these Sisters believe completely in the Emperor's will. Even when one of their Sisters fall, they know a martyred soul can spark a fire in a thousand souls. They are usually seen followed into battle with throngs of their followers, hoping to witness a miracle.

 I enjoy painting up models in more unique colours schemes, and both Sacred Rose and Valorous Heart are really good for fluff. I might need to add in a few of each into my army, I mostly bought this box for Wrath and Glory, if I can find a group that would want to play it. Having a fully painted army of only one Order isn't necessary, and one of the downsides to getting this box is that you only get one special weapon for each Battle Sisters Squad as well as the Seraphim. No Heavy Flamers or Plasma/Flame Pistols here unless you kitbash them or buy a box of multi-pose models.

With the Pre-release Adeptus Sororitas box I have:

HQ
Canoness - Power Sword 3PL (49pts)

Troops
Battle Sisters Squad x5 6PL (60pts)
Battle Sisters Squad x5 6PL (60pts)

Elite 
Acro-Flagellant x3 2PL (45pts)
Sisters Rependia 4PL (60pts)
Rependia Superior 2PL (35pts)

Fast Attack
Seraphim Squad 6PL (72pts)

Heavy
Penitent Engines 5PL (100pts)

Total of 34PL (471pts)

A pretty good start to an army, I could even add it to an Admech list as a Vanguard Detachment, we shall see.

Coming Soon!
 
          I'll be taking a closer look at my Star Wars Legions core sets that I have painted up over the holidays. And hopefully digging into my Slaves to Darkness battleforce that I bought last year! (as seen on my Pile O' Shame 2019!)

No comments:

Post a Comment